Today is day 1. No more excuses. I am 50 in less than 6 weeks. I should be at my peak (well perhaps just over) but I'm not. Constantly tired and in pain. My weight is about 13 stone, I really don't like to check it. I want to feel fit and well again.
Every now and again I have a spurt of exercise fever, and I do feel better, but it rarely lasts. Something has to change and I am still not sure how to go about it. I have to stop talking about how fit I was in my 30s, exercising right until the final stages of pregnancy. It doesn't count anymore and the effects have worn off !
This morning Den brought me a coffee and bowl of porridge at 7.30am. I then did what I always do . Got the ipad out and start reading the Daily Mail. Nothing very interesting there. Den got dressed and went out to golf. I knew I had to stop putting it off
I put on yesterdays t-shirt, jogging pants, new cross trainers (bought specially for Fit Farms next week) and went out the front door. Not forgtting to take Gary, Mark, Howard, Jason and Robbie with me.
This is day 1 of I'm not quite sure what, but I have to start somewhere.
I really can't jog or run, well I can, but within hours my lower back will be in pain. So walking, fast walking. I started up the hill and kept going. Its all up hill. It was hurting after a few hundred yards especially my calfs. I kept going, and kept turning left to follow the hill. I thought about going through the woods, but I'm a bit nervous about going on my own so I carried on through the estate.
AT the highest point I had to stop, rest and stretch. I didn't feel particularly invigorated, in fact the strangest thing, I couldn't stop yawning, and actually yawned all the way back. The weather was drizzly and cool but that suited me as I was very hot. Got back about half way through 'Shine'. Maybe next time I should actually time the walk to see if I can see an improvement?
Got back and had a glass of water with a touch of blackcurrant and started writing this. At least I have stopped yawning. Tomorrow morning I will do the same walk, may be Den will come with me ?
I have to fight the desire to go and lie down and get on with some housework. I also must uses my cpap every night this week to see if that helps. I didn't use it last night. Maybe that;s why I am feeling so tired.
Find more Walk in Hertfordshire
No comments:
Post a Comment